This article will guide you through the steps for creating an iOS App.
Create Bundle ID
Before setting up an iOS App on your App Store Connect, you need to create a Bundle ID. A Bundle ID is a unique identifier in Apple’s ecosystem. Apple encourages developers to use reverse domain name notation, such as com.domain.appname.
- Go to www.developer.apple.com and Login
- Click on Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles
- Click on the Identifiers
- Click on the + symbol next to Identifiers
- Click Continue to create an App ID
- Select the App and click Continue
- Enter the name of the app in the Description
- Enter Bundle ID e.g. com.audiorista.app
- Enable Push Notifications and enable Sign in with Apple ID by ticking the designated boxes.
- Click Continue
Create an iOS App
Now that the Bundle ID is registered, you can set up your iOS app.
- Go to www.appstoreconnect.apple.com
- Click on My Apps
- Click on the + symbol
- Click on New App
- Select iOS under Platforms
- Add your app Name in the blank space
- Choose the Primary Language from the dropdown menu
- Choose the just created Bundle ID from the dropdown
- Add SKU - can be the Bundle ID. This is a unique ID for your app that is not visible on the App Store
- Choose between Limited Access or Full Access (for availability in the App Store). You only need to select Limited Access if you have apps in the App Store Connect that you don’t want certain users to access
- Click on Create