In this guide you will learn how to create a Google Play Developer Account. This is required for releasing the Android version of your App on the Google Play Store.
- Choose the account type
- Add Developer Account information
- Add information about the App
- Finalize your submission
Choose the account type
- Go to https://play.google.com/console/signup
- Click an account type. Choose Yourself if the account is mainly for personal use. Choose Organization if you are creating an account for an organization or business. Organizaiton accounts will provide the benefit of adding other users to help manage your App.
You can also decide to register as an individual if you do not have a registered business yet and then change to the Organization account later.
You can read more about account types here
- Type in the information about yourself or your business.
If you are registering as an individual, you will need the following:
- A description of your previous experience with Play Console and Android. If you don’t have any, you can indicate this as your first time.
- Specify your Google accounts usage
- Website URL (can be added at a later stage)
If you are registering as an organization, you will be asked the following:
- Organization Name
- Organization type
- Organization size
- Phone number
- Website Url
- Hit the Next button
Add Developer Account information
- Now it’s time to add the information relative to your developer account. You can do so in the blank spaces. You will need the following information:
- Developer account name
- Contact name
- Contact email address
- Preferred language
- Contact address
- Contact phone number
- After having entered the information, hit the Next button at the bottom of the page
Add information about the App
- Here you need to insert information about your app's development plans. Be ready to provide the following:
- The number of Apps you are planning to develop
- If you plan on earning money through google play
- App categories
- Once you are done, hit on the Next button at the bottom of the page to continue
Finalize your submission
- Next, you must accept the Terms and Conditions from Google, and you can do so by tiking the two boxes.
- You are now ready to proceed to the last step of the purchase, to finalize your developer account. Click on Create Account and Pay
- A pop-up window appears at this time, where you can insert your Payment details. Select Add a credit or debit card to finalize the payment and complete your submission
- Once your payment has taken place, your Developer Account is created