Tracks are the primary unit of your Project and the central element that the end user will interact with; One Track corresponds to one audio file and its metadata. Tracks can be played, browsed, searched, and shared.
Supported audio formats
Before you start, ensure that your audio files are ready and compatible. Audiorista currently supports the following formats for upload:
- MP3 files
- ZIP archives containing MP3 files arranged in alphabetical order
Create a Track by uploading your audio content
When you upload one audio file, Audiorista creates a Track automatically. If your audio content exists in many different places, don’t worry, we have created several easy ways to import it into Audiorista. From the Audiorista Dashboard, in the top right-hand corner, you can upload your audio via file from your computer or as a list of URLs.
- Upload audio content as a file from your computer
- Upload audio content as a list of URLs
- Upload audio content via custom integration
- Check the status of your upload
NOTE: Uploaded content will be transcoded to AES-128 encrypted HLS (an industry-standard format developed by Apple) and available for streaming once transcoding has finished (typically a few minutes at most). You can edit a Track’s metadata while transcoding.
Upload audio content as a file from your computer
Uploading a file from your computer is the most practical method to get started if you only upload one or a few pieces of audio at a time.
- Click the Upload file button in the top right corner of the Audiorista dashboard to upload one or more MP3 or ZIP files from your device.
- You can drag and drop the files from your desktop for a quick upload or click the white dialogue box to retrieve the file from your computer. The upload will begin automatically.
Upload audio content via a list of URLs
- Click Upload URLs to upload a list of publicly available URLs as Tracks
- Write or paste one or more URLs inside the dialogue box. Each URL must be on a new line and point at a valid MP3 or ZIP file
- Tap or Click on Create Tracks from URL
Upload audio content via custom integration
We offer custom integrations for cases not covered in this guide, such as syncing with FTP servers or external APIs. We have many years of experience building similar solutions and would love to help you find the best way to maximize your content, so don't hesitate to get in touch.
Check the status of your upload
No matter how you upload your audio content, by file upload or via a list of URLs, you can follow the status of your upload directly on the Track display.
Delete a Track
If you have uploaded something by mistake or no longer want one of your Tracks, you can delete it. You have two ways of doing it.
- One way is by clicking the Delete icon from the Track list
- The other option is to delete your Track from the Tracks editor. Tap or click on a Track, then click on Delete from the top right-hand corner of the screen
- In both cases, a dialogue box will ask you to confirm your intention before the action becomes final. If you decide to continue, the Track is deleted permanently