Not only Tags are great for your content management, but they are also a powerful tool to engage your end user in new ways. When adding Tags to your Tracks, you are adding metadata which helps categorizing your content optimally. Tags also make it easier for your customers to navigate your app and find similar content to what they're viewing. In this article you will learn to:
- Add Tags to a Track
- Navigate your Tag list
- Rename Tags
- Show or hide Tags in the apps
- Create Tag groups
- Using Tags to create Dynamic Playlists
- How end users use Tags in the apps
Add Tags to a Track
You can add and remove Tags at any time. Audiorista will update the Dynamic Playlists automatically.
- Select Tracks from Audiorista’s main menu on the left side of the Dashboard
- Select one Track and enter the Edit details page
- Scroll down to the Discovery section, where you can find a Tag search bar
- Create a new Tag: type one word in the blank space and press the Enter key
- Select from existing Tags: click on the blank space, and select a Tags from the list
- Add an emoji to your Tag: search for an emoji in your browser, then copy and paste it in the blank space, with or without text. Press the Enter key
Navigate your Tag list
When you create a Tag, Audiorista adds it automatically to your Tag list. To navigate your Tag list, select Tags from Audiorista’s main menu on the left side of the Dashboard. Here you can visualize, browse and edit the complete list of your Tags.
A menu bar at the top of the list allows you to rearrange the order of the list by toggling the small arrows.
- From the Tag list, click the Edit icon on the Tag you want to rename.
- Change the name in the pop-up window and then submit.
Show or hide Tags in the apps
By default, Tags are not visible to the user in the apps. If you want Tags to be visible to your end user and allow her to navigate the Tag system you can do so from the Tag list.
- Choose a Tag
- Hover with your mouse over the corresponding shown in apps section
- Click on the text
- You will see the text changing from No to Yes (or vice versa)
Create Tag groups
Tag groups are a way to categorize filters in your app. You create a Tag group from the Tag list.
- Select the Edit icon
- Type a name in the Group bar. Audiorista will suggest to you groups that are already existing
- Press the Submit button
- The Tag has now been added to a group
Using Tags to create Dynamic Playlists
Tags can be used to fill the content of your Dynamic Playlists. This is particularly useful when you have a large number of Tracks to manage. Dynamic Playlists will automatically select the Tracks that match the selected Tags.
It is always a good idea to add Tags to Your Tracks. You can always decide to keep them hidden from the user in the app.
→ Relevant article: create and manage a Dynamic Playlist based on Tags
How end users use Tags in the apps
Filter for similar content
Tags make it easier for your end users to navigate your app and find similar content to what they are viewing. Public Tags are automatically displayed at the bottom of each Track. When selected, the app will show other Tracks with the same Tag.
Remember that for this to work, you must make the Tags visible to the user.
Following Tags for push notifications
The user can decide to follow a specific Tag. When following a Tag she will receive push notifications as soon as a new Track with the same Tag is published. It is possible to follow a tag by selecting the Tag at the bottom of the track and activating the notifications at the top-right-hand corner of the app.