A Playlist is a collection of Tracks visible to your end user. With a Playlist, you can group your Tracks into meaningful sets. Playlists can be featured in your apps, embedded using the web player, and shared on social media via links. This guide will help you get started.
- Manual Playlists
- Dynamic Playlists
- Edit the details of your Playlist
- Delete a Playlist
To reach the Playlist overview and control panel select Playlists from the navigation menu on the side of the Audiorista Dashboard.
A horizontal menu bar shows the Playlist details. By toggling the arrows to the right of each item, you can rearrange the order of the Playlists. The change in the order of the Playlists is only visible to you, not to your end user.
- Title: the title you have assigned to the Playlist
- Tracks: number of Tracks listed in the Playlist
- Created: when the Playlist was created
- Type: type of Playlist (e.g. manual or dynamic)
- Actions: edit and delete
A manual Playlist is static and will not change over time unless you actively do so. You create a manual Playlist by adding Tracks of your choice individually. You can add tracks also later on.
Create a manual Playlist
From the Playlist menu in the browser, select Create Playlist on the top right-hand corner button. In the pop-up window, select Manual in the first drop-down menu for Type.
Then, add a title to your Playlist. Finally, hit the Submit button. You can now start adding Tracks.
Note that you cannot change the Playlist's type after you have created it.
Add Tracks to a manual Playlist
You can add Tracks manually directly from the Edit details page. After creating a manual Playlist, you will end up here. If this is not the case, select a Playlist from the Playlist menu.
- In the Configuration section, select the drop-down menu
- Start typing the title that you want to add. A list of suggestions will appear, from which you can choose a title. You can add one Track at a time
- Repeat this, until you are satisfied
- A list will show all the Tracks you have selected. You can arrange the order of your Tracks by selecting a Track and dragging it in the desired position
- You can add Tracks at a later stage
Once you are satisfied with the list of Tracks, press the Save Changes button in the bottom right-hand corner of the browser. The Tracks you have selected are immediately visualized in the Player Widget section to the right and are now visible in the app.
→ Related article: player widget
A dynamic Playlist is linked directly to your tag system. When you create dynamic Playlists, all the Tracks that match your chosen tags are automatically included and updated over time. You only have to set up your Playlist once, and then all the Tracks with the corresponding tag will be added to the playlist automatically. It is a convenient way to manage many Tracks that span different topics with little effort.
- Create a dynamic Playlist
- Add Tracks to a dynamic Playlist
- An example of how the tag system works
- Save changes
→ Related article: Get Started with Tags
Create a dynamic Playlist
From the Playlist menu in the browser, select Create Playlist on the top right-hand corner button.
In the pop-up window select Dynamic in the first drop-down menu for Type. Note that you cannot change the Playlist's type after you have created it.
Then, add a title to your Playlist. Finally, hit the Submit button. You can now add Tracks to your Playlist.
Add Tracks to a dynamic Playlist
You can add Tracks from the Edit details page. After creating a dynamic Playlist, you will end up here. If this is not the case, select a Playlist from the Playlist menu. Manage your preferences in the Configuration section, and the relevant Tracks will be added automatically.
- Languages: you can use this field to filter your Tracks by language if you have more than one. Notice that even if you only use a single language (e.g. English), you still have to add it here for the Tracks to appear.
- Tags: choose the tags that you want to be represented in your Playlist. Tye in the search bar to add a tag or scroll the drop-down suggestion list. Only Tracks that match all the tags are included in the Playlist.
- Sorting: You have three visualization options: alphabetical order, older first, or newest first. Audiorista will sort your Tracks based on your selection and show it to your end user.
An example of how the tag system works
Only Tracks that match all tags are included in the Playlist. Here is an example of how the system works.
You have the following:
- Tracks 1: tag A
- Tracks 2: tag B
- Tracks 3: tag A, tag B
- A dynamic Playlist configured with tag A will include Tracks 1 and 3
- A dynamic Playlist configured with tag B will include Tracks 3 and 3
- A dynamic Playlist configured with tags A and B will only include Tracks 3
Once you are satisfied with the list of Tracks, hit the Save Changes button in the bottom right-hand corner of the browser. The Tracks are immediately visualized in the Player Widget section to the right and are now visible in the app.
→ Related article: Player widget
Edit the details of your Playlist
The details of your Playlist appear in the Metadata section on the Edit details page. Here you have access to the following information:
- Playlist ID: a number generated by Audiorista
- Duration: this is the total duration of the Playlist with all the Tracks combined
- Tracks: is the total number of Tracks contained in the Playlist
- Pages: if there is a large number of Tracks, they are divided into several pages for the user
Name and Description
It is mandatory to name your Playlist, which you can do in the designated field on the Edit details page. You can also add a description to describe the content and purpose of your Playlist (Max. 255 characters).
Make your Playlist shine by adding a powerful image to it. The image is displayed on the home screen of the app and therefore has a great impact.
- Click on Browse in the Edit details section.
- Browse your computer to find the desired image
- Select the image and click Open
- Save changes to make your changes permanent
For embedding a Playlist using Audiorista’s web player, you have three options:
- Customize embed code: This opens a dialog that allows you to modify the embed code before copying it. We strongly recommend that you use Presets instead of customizing each embed, as this gives you more flexibility.
- The default preset (player widget): This allows you to choose the preset that is used when using the Copy embed-code shortcut. It is convenient when you have multiple Presets that should be selectively used with certain sets of content → read the widget guide.
You have two ways to delete a Playlist:
- From the Playlist home screen: by clicking the trash bin icon on the corresponding Playlist
- From the Edit details page: selecting the Delete button in the top right-hand corner of the page
Whichever option you select, a prompt question will appear to verify your intentions before making the action final. In this way, you will not delete something by mistake.